PTFA News – February 2016
The PTFA is currently raising money for a new science laboratory, a laser cutter for the DT department, new chairs for the Year 10 Common Room, new tables for the hall and keyboards for the Music Department
‘Putting on the Glitz Spring Ball – 27th February 2016
- We still have two full tables up for grabs so if you know anyone who might be interested, please contact me on email@example.com.
- If you have a business or simply wish to make a donation like DPC, you can see from our section on the website that it helps massively to improve our children’s learning experience. Your donation will of course be displayed in our publicity material and be published on the website; it’s a great way to advertise your business.
- Please take part in the raffle by sending in £5 in a clearly marked envelope with your name and contact number to the Finance office by the 26th February. Please see below what we have so far:
|2 Complimentary tickets for the Pearl Street Stand at Rochdale AFC during season 2015/2016||Rochdale Association Football Club
|2 tickets to see any performance of Kiss Me Quickstep||Oldham Coliseum Theatre|
|1 x voucher for 2 home league match tickets||Oldham Athletic Football Club|
|2x 1hour bowling vouchers for up to 6 people &
4 laser quest vouchers
|Strike Ten Bowl|
|Afternoon Tea for Two||Slatterys|
|£50 Car Valet||T&C Motors|
|£10 gift voucher Flawless Nails & Beauty &
£10 gift voucher Ladies & Gents Hairdressing
|SwithinS Ladies & Gents Hairdressing|
|4 stunning dinner plates||Portmeiron|
|Two tickets for a Day’s racing in the Club Enclosure||Ripon Races|
|£100 retail value prize||Face and Body|
|A bottle of Presecco||Tradewind Recruitment|
|£50 Amazon voucher||Virtue Technologies|
|2-course lunch for two||The White Hart Inn|
Dawson Precision Components (DPC) always donate £100 and are happy for us to keep it as a donation that goes straight into the PTFA fund.
Find out more about the Ball, see previous years’ events and check out our photo gallery. It is a night not to miss especially as the Ball celebrates its 10th anniversary and will be held at the White Hart Inn on Saturday the 27th February 2016 at 19.00 prompt as we have a very special surprise for the guests whilst in the bar. The theme is ‘Putting on the Glitz”.
Thank you for your support.
500 Club Draw
Congratulations to this month’s winners:
1st Prize – Lottery number 2 – Julie Bailey (Thomas – ORSSC-8)
2nd Prize – Lottery 100 – Graham Taylor (Max and Harry – ORMBR-11 & ORSAS-9)
3rd Prize – Lottery 12 – Lisa Mottram (Beth – COSKA-10)
The cheques are in the post.
We only have 339 members out of a potential 1,300 and yet we were able to donate £2,800 to the PTFA last year, imagine how much more of a difference we could make to the children if more people joined, plus the prize money would go up. School has added a couple of items on their wish list (please see above).
Discussions at this month’s PTFA meeting
- We discussed the Summer Fair which is going to be held on the 18th June; it is the school’s 90th anniversary this year and we are hoping to celebrate it in parallel with the Queen’s birthday celebrations. If you have any ideas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We also discussed health and wellbeing in school; how we can improve its promotion in school?
Minutes and fundraising accounts can be viewed on the PTFA page.
Why not subscribe to our School Blog, it’s a great way to keep in touch with what is going on in school. Subscribing is easy, simply add your email address in the box next to this article, press submit and you will be notified via e-mail each time a new blog post is published. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Please keep supporting all your PTFA events; it makes a huge difference to our children’s learning experience.