Crompton House School PTFAParents, Teachers and Friends Association
Who are the PTFA?
What does the PTFA do?
How can you join the PTFA?
When and where do we meet?
Why should you join the PTFA?
Who can join?
How can you help?
So, why not get involved– after all it’s your PTFA?
Join us today!
500 Club Monthly Draw
1st Prize Winner
APRIL – £60 – Lottery number 317 – Sarah Morrisey (Anäis)
MAY – £60 – Lottery number 78 – Darren Whittaker (Max)
2nd prize winner
APRIL – £30 – Lottery number 362 – Andrew Clarke (Laura)
MAY – £30 – Lottery number 50 – Helen Buckley (Evie)
3rd prize winner
APRIL – £20 – Lottery number 171 – Andrea Leach (Lydia) – Mrs Leach also won in 2012
MAY – £20 – Lottery number 312 – Mark Gerrard (Matilda)
PTFA Minutes 2015-2017
PTFA Minutes Archive
Meet The PTFA team
Thanks to the dedication and hard work of its members, the PTFA has funded or contributed to some major projects at the school over the years. Here is a list of some of the projects funded which enhance the educational experience of all children in the school.
- Much needed maintenance of the school’s piano
- New lighting for drama studio benefiting students using both the studio & the hall plus those undertaking drama technical qualifications.
- New lockers
- Heavy duty snow plough/salt spreader (which is already paying for itself!) to enable the school to open and operate safely.
- A new lighting board and monitor (for the drama department)
- 13 tents for the Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme
- Football kits (for the PE department)
- A drinking fountain
- Hand-mixers (for the Food department)
- 2 industrial dishwashers (for the Science department) and much more.
- Donated £28,000 towards the cost of refurbishment of our 6th Form Centre
- Gifts for recipients of the Headteacher’s awards – mini lion key rings
- £1,200 for Defibrillator
- Gifts for recipients of the Headteacher’s awards
- Fridge and aprons for the Food department
- 2 industrial dishwashers for the science department
- Netball kits
- Table magician for the Year 11 and 13 Leavers’ dinner
- 3 Raspberry Pi computers with their own screen and keyboard for the Learning Zone
- Half the cost of the new school minibus
- Benches and canopies
- New tables for the 6th Form Centre
- Lockers for the music room to store away the pupils’ precious instruments
- Transport for Sports teams who attend national championships including Girls Water Polo team to the nationals that they ended up winning
- Water-polo helmets and shirts for our national championship winning team
- New team strip for the new girls Football team
- Guitar stands for the music department to keep the instruments safe and protected
- Gift of key-rings and pens to recognise the achievements of pupils receiving the Headteachers Award
- Display cloth and pop up stands to showcase our school at prize giving and other events
- Watch this space for more 2015
If you have a great idea for raising additional funds then we want to hear from you!
Get in touch...
Examples of the contributions the PTFA has made:
- A state of the art computer that will support the school’s HD technology for the Media Department
- New tents for the Duke of Edinburgh Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards
- 2 Industrial dishwashers for the Science Department, a sublimation printer for the DT department
- Mixers and Whisks for the Food Department; Drinking water fountains for the children
- Lighting Board for the Drama Department; digital camera and accessories for the Multimedia department
- Football, Rugby, Badminton kits and accessories forthe PE Department; and much more….
- Contribution to the Sixth form Centre’s refurbishment, In June 2012 we donated £28,000 towards phase 1 of the project.
- A quad bike/snow plough for the site team to keep the school safe.
- Picnic benches so students can enjoy the outdoor space at lunch and break times.
- £5,000 towards a new Year 11 Common Room; £4,000 towards refurbishment of a science lab