Crompton House School PTFAParents, Teachers and Friends Association
Who are the PTFA?
What does the PTFA do?
How can you join the PTFA?
When and where do we meet?
Why should you join the PTFA?
Who can join?
How can you help?
So, why not get involved– after all it’s your PTFA?
500 Club Monthly Draw
1st Prize Winner
APRIL – Sarah Morrisey (Anäis)
MAY – Darren Whittaker (Max)
JULY – Rose Chiza
AUGUST – Sally Creevy
SEPTEMBER – Dawn Harewood
OCTOBER – John Tudor
NOVEMBER – Karen Housley
DECEMBER – Andrew Clarke
JANUARY – Karen Crossman (Ruby)
2nd prize winner
APRIL – Andrew Clarke (Laura)
MAY – Helen Buckley (Evie)
JULY – Janet Shepherd
AUGUST – Vikki English
SEPTEMBER – Tina Astley
OCTOBER M Garnett
NOVEMBER – Jackie Wood
DECEMBER – Dawn Bough
JANUARY – Darren Whittaker (Max)
3rd prize winner
APRIL – Andrea Leach (Lydia) – Mrs Leach also won in 2012
MAY – Mark Gerrard (Matilda)
JULY – Donna Travis
AUGUST – Lisa Marsden
SEPTEMBER – Nicola Smith
OCTOBER – Liane Robinson
NOVEMBER – Jayne Buckley
DECEMBER – Joanne Hayes
JANUARY – Jill Taylor (Lucas)
PTFA Minutes 2015-2018
Nov 2018 PFTA Minutes
Oct 2018 PTFA Minutes
Sept 2018 PTFA Minutes
Jun 2018 PTFA Minutes
May 2018 PTFA Minutes
Apr 2018 PTFA Minutes
Mar 2018 PTFA Minutes
Feb 2018 PTFA Minutes
Jan 2018 PTFA Minutes
PTFA Minutes Archive
Meet The PTFA team
- Much needed maintenance of the school’s piano
- New lighting for drama studio benefiting students using both the studio & the hall plus those undertaking drama technical qualifications.
- New lockers
- Heavy duty snow plough/salt spreader (which is already paying for itself!) to enable the school to open and operate safely.
- A new lighting board and monitor (for the drama department)
- 13 tents for the Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme
- Football kits (for the PE department)
- A drinking fountain
- Hand-mixers (for the Food department)
- 2 industrial dishwashers (for the Science department) and much more.
- Donated £28,000 towards the cost of refurbishment of our 6th Form Centre
- Gifts for recipients of the Headteacher’s awards – mini lion key rings
- £1,200 for Defibrillator
- Gifts for recipients of the Headteacher’s awards
- Fridge and aprons for the Food department
- 2 industrial dishwashers for the science department
- Netball kits
- Table magician for the Year 11 and 13 Leavers’ dinner
- 3 Raspberry Pi computers with their own screen and keyboard for the Learning Zone
- Half the cost of the new school minibus
- Benches and canopies
- New tables for the 6th Form Centre
- Lockers for the music room to store away the pupils’ precious instruments
- Transport for Sports teams who attend national championships including Girls Water Polo team to the nationals that they ended up winning
- Water-polo helmets and shirts for our national championship winning team
- New team strip for the new girls Football team
- Guitar stands for the music department to keep the instruments safe and protected
- Gift of key-rings and pens to recognise the achievements of pupils receiving the Headteachers Award
- Display cloth and pop up stands to showcase our school at prize giving and other events
- Watch this space for more 2015
Get in touch...
Examples of the contributions the PTFA has made:
- A state of the art computer that will support the school’s HD technology for the Media Department
- New tents for the Duke of Edinburgh Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards
- 2 Industrial dishwashers for the Science Department, a sublimation printer for the DT department
- Mixers and Whisks for the Food Department; Drinking water fountains for the children
- Lighting Board for the Drama Department; digital camera and accessories for the Multimedia department
- Football, Rugby, Badminton kits and accessories forthe PE Department; and much more….
- Contribution to the Sixth form Centre’s refurbishment, In June 2012 we donated £28,000 towards phase 1 of the project.
- A quad bike/snow plough for the site team to keep the school safe.
- Picnic benches so students can enjoy the outdoor space at lunch and break times.
- £5,000 towards a new Year 11 Common Room; £4,000 towards refurbishment of a science lab