Inspiring FUTURES - Staff
Crompton House School Inspiring FUTURES Curriculum
A Note to Staff
- All students have an equal entitlement to high quality Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance at Crompton House that helps to prepare them for choices and transitions affecting their future education, training and employment.
- The government has created a framework of guidelines that as a school we should look to implement. These are known as the Gatsby Benchmarks, a framework of 8 guidelines that define the best careers provision in schools and colleges. The Careers Strategy is built around them, and they make a great place to start for planning or improving your programme.
The eight Gatsby Benchmarks are in the diagram below.
It is important you know why your curriculum is being delivered and to know how you can link understanding of pathways and the world of work through you subject.
This will ensure that all students are provided with the best understanding and platform of success to get into the careers or profession they desire.
- Discuss pathways within your subject, and how it could be taken further at Post 16, degree level or through an apprenticeship, discussing the careers and jobs it could lead to.
- Create a departmental “Careers” display to show routes, and progression in your subject
- Create a poster to show Courses and Apprenticeships in your subject
- Create a display in your room to show why your subject is vital for careers and the world of work.
- Invite a guest speaker from the one of our local colleges or Universities to promote and raise aspirations
- Invite a local business employee/employer to discuss how they use your subject in your lesson
- Arrange a visit to a workplace related to your subject area. Careers can be part of the focus.
Note – We can help with arranging a guest speaker through our Parental & alumni network.
Supporting the progression of students onto suitable post-16 and post-18 options is a team effort and it is important as a team of staff to work collaboratively for the benefit of our leavers.
To this end, please see below the links to the various resources that you might require to support students in your role.
Useful Links for Staff